Wednesday 25 January 2017

Don't Look

Dont look at me like that
Like you have never looked before.

I want nothing from you.

Neither words of comfort, nor condescension
Neither your dreams, nor your demons.

I don't want you to recount
How you chased autumn leaves in desert sands
Or planted azure trees in barren lands.

I don't want your compassion
Nor your pity
Nor your judgements.

So, don't look at me like that
Like you have never looked before.

I would rather you leave me
To the rhythm of familiarity
That you proclaim you have escaped,
To the familiarity that is my world.
The world you disown,
The world  happy with its reds, blues and greens
Which does not know the intricacies of azure, sinoper and zaffre.

So, don't look at me like that.
I suppose you have never really looked before.

No comments:

Post a Comment